Youth Work Beyond Boundaries – Virtual Reality in Action
Youth Work Beyond Boundaries training course gives participants the opportunity to get familiar with VR technology and how to use it in youth work, understand the possibilities for accessibility and exploration of identity through virtual avatars.
Youth Work Beyond Boundaries – Virtual Reality in Action -training course is a boot camp for virtual reality youth work. You will be led to a journey to virtual realities. You will get familiar with VR technology and given a first-hand experience for the possibilities to utilise virtual spaces in youth work.
The aim is to give you a confidence to organise your own activities over VR platforms and to know how to use it as a tool in youth exchanges. You do not have to have previous experience on using virtual reality platforms or owning your own VR-headsets.
We believe working with VR can be meaningful when working with young people with sexual and gender minorities, disabilities, or other young people with fewer opportunities. If you are working with these young people, the training course could give you new methods to work with.
- to familiarise participants in using virtual reality in youth work
- to understand the ethics in VR
- to learn how to create a safe space in VR and a safe space to use VR-headsets
- explore one’s own identity through a virtual character
- try out different VR methods and compare experiences in virtual reality and in real life activities
- understand how to use the learned methods in planning and implementation of youth exchanges
- build up ideas for future youth exchanges using VR
- A preparatory meeting in virtual reality before the training course (Mandatory for participation to residential training) on January 10th at 13-15 CET
- Four day residential training in Nuorisokeskus Marttinen, Finland. (+2 travel days)
Outcome for participants:
- Know how to use VR-headsets safely and know how to help young people to use them
- Are familiar with potential VR-platforms and virtual places to use in the sense of youth work
- Has a first hand experience to explore own personality through virtual avatar
- Potentially have an idea about youth exchange what uses possibilities of virtual reality
- must be working directly with young people in local youth work
- is interested in using VR in international youth exchanges
Safe, accessible and sustainable
In this event, we follow the principles of a safer space. We strive to ensure that everyone is met as their own self and that no one has to fear discrimination or harassment. We want you to respect the same principle.
We take sustainability in consideration where we can. Since most participants have to fly over the sea to Finland, we encourage you to travel on land within Finland. We also encourage you to contact your own national agency to find out how they support low emission travelling to activities abroad.
We provide plant-based meals, or use locally grown and produced foods, as much as possible. We also respect the diets and food allergies of all participants.
Unterkunft und Verpflegung
Unless specified otherwise, the hosting NA or SALTO of this offer will organise the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
Erasmus+ Youth Programme countries, Partner Countries Neighbouring the EU
This project is financed by the participating National Agencies (NAs) of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme. The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your National Agency or SALTO Resource Centre (SALTO) to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
Please contact your NA or SALTO in order to know whether they would support your travel costs. If yes, after being selected, get in touch with your NA or SALTO again to learn more about the overall procedure to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Zurück zur Übersicht