Europe Goes Local: Project Lab to support local youth work in municipalities
This networking and training event seeks to strengthen the usage and exploitation of the possibilities offered by the ERASMUS+ and the European Solidarity Corps programmes for youth work at municipal level.
The Europe Goes Local project is a long-term strategic partnership between the Erasmus+ National Agencies and their partners. The core aim of the project is to raise the quality of local youth work in particular through enhanced cooperation between various stakeholders that are active at the municipal level. The Partnership currently involves about 200 members who represent around 120 municipalities in the participating countries.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE PROJECT LAB
Project Labs in the frame of Europe Goes Local are international training and networking events that bring together officials and practitioners in youth work to strengthen the usage and exploitation of the possibilities offered by the ERASMUS+ and the European Solidarity Corps programmes for youth work at municipal level.
Specifically, the Project Lab aims to ...
- provide information and training on the possibilities of the European mobility programmes, and how to use them;
- present and curate good practices in using the programmes, with a focus on youth work at municipal level;
- support partnership-building and networking, with a focus on youth work at municipal level;
- allow for project development with a focus on the usage of the European mobility programmes, and provide coaching there of;
- provide direct contact and support by the network of National Agencies to the potential project beneficiaries
In the bigger picture, Project Labs contribute to the promotion of the European mobility programmes, bring them closer to municipalities, and enhance the impact, recognition and visibility of youth work at municipal level.
A preparatory webinar for the participants: Inspirational webinar (90 minutes) and Meet & Match session (90 minutes): on 22/01/2023
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS
- basic knowledge of European mobility programmes (Erasmus+ and the European Solidarity Corps)
- connected to youth work at municipal level. In case the participant represents an “independent” institution (eg an NGO), then a mechanism is needed to check the relation to youth work at municipal level (eg. endorsement by municipality or sending NA, description of relation to municipal youth work in application form, ...)
- available to join main event (Project Lab) as well as pre-ceding webinar
- willing and in a position to develop and commit to co-operation projects using the European mobility programmes, enhancing youth work at municipal level
- ideally already has an idea or preference for possible co-operation projects or themes
FORMAT, SETUP AND EMBEDDING OF THE ACTIVITY
• Before the residential training course in Denmark there is a mandatory online Meet & Match and inspirational webinar where participants get to know each other and get to know existing and potential ideas/wishes/needs for co-operation projects. The preparatory phase consists of an online meeting the 22nd of January with the following timings.
- Inspirational webinar at 10.30-12.00
- Meet & Match at 13.30-15.00
• Project Lab: residential activity on 6-9 February (including travel days)
Participants are expected to arrive in Copenhagen on the 6th of February ready to begin the training course at 16.00 and depart on the 9th of February around midday.
The Europe Goes Local intranet will be used as an online support tool where the trainers and participants will be able to have interaction and share materials in relation to the event.
Safe and accessible
In this event, we follow the principles of a safer space. We strive to ensure that everyone is met as their own self and that no one has to fear discrimination or harassment. We want you to respect the same principle.
Our activities are accessible to people with different abilities. If you are in need of wheel chair accessible room and transport or other kind of support, we will provide it for you. You can tell your individual needs in beforehand so we can support you in your participation.
Unterkunft und Verpflegung
The Danish NA will take care of the accommodation and meals of the participants.
Participants will be accommodated in single rooms.
Erasmus+ Youth Programme countries, Partner Countries Neighbouring the EU
There is no participation fee.
Every country has a different practice in paying or reimbursing the travel tickets. Please contact the national agency in your country to find out how it is done in your country
Zurück zur Übersicht